DenHaag (The Netherlands) | PRSE01-17-WS | Solution Engineer (m/f)
PowerDNS is proud to be part of Open-Xchange (OX). OX is in the business of providing communication & collaboration software and infrastructure software like PowerDNS to large scale internet service providers and telecommunication companies. Since 1999, PowerDNS offers a leading open source DNS solution.
What you would be doing
Daily activities alternate between working on customer issues and actual Professional Services for customer implementations (both on-site and off-site). As Solution Engineer (with a focus on PowerDNS) you will work closely with the PowerDNS development team, as well as with other parts of Open-Xchange and Dovecot development, sales, and Product Management teams from within a European Services team.
Your personal chance
We think Support & Implementation is a great step into a promising career. We are specifically looking for employees willing to learn quickly while delivering great support and service. Keeping an eye towards growing within the Global Services department or into different roles in the larger Open-Xchange organisation. In other words, this position is a great opportunity for your personal development. There will be a close and intimate cooperation between PowerDNS and OX Professional Services regarding the support, implementation and development roles.
- Implementation & Support of PowerDNS technology for our customers
- Investigate and reproduce complex custom issues, test solutions, help implement fixes
- Providing technical support during complex deployment projects and rollouts
- Evaluation of customer environment, creation of custom integration concepts, and writing SOWs for actual implementations.
- Customer communication and managing (technical) relationship
- Work closely with PowerDNS (including Open-Xchange and Dovecot) development, sales, and product management teams
- Manage architecture, design and documentation for customer solutions & projects
- Hands on training of customer’s administrators and support team
- A visible track record in using open source and committing in the form of code or readable bug reports
- Experience in system administration or support of Unix or Linux systems, ideally in the hosting/telco market.
- In-depth knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Linux systems
- Experience with System architecture and design (design and analysis of complex setups in heterogeneous environments).
- In-depth knowledge of:
- Internet DNS
- optionally E-Mail systems, SMTP / IMAP mail routing, nginx and OpenLDAP
- some databases (like: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis and sqlite)
- Experience with mission critical systems.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Basic communication skills in German is a plus, but not required
With some 230 employees Open-Xchange develops a Open-Source-Software addressing communication, collaboration and office-productivity. Sales are made through Internet service providers, hosting, telecommunication and cable providers, which offer their customers the Open-Xchange solution as SaaS (Software as a Service). More than 200 million users adopted Open-Xchange software for their private and business communications via partners such as 1 & 1, STRATO, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace.
The core offer is named OX App Suite with applications for processing e-mails, contacts and appointments, which can be extended by functions like: OX Drive for managing and synchronizing documents, images, photos and movies; OX Documents for text processing, spreadsheets and presentations and OX Guard for encrypting emails and files. Software from Dovecot and PowerDNS are complementing Open-Xchange's portfolio.
We want to constantly advance and are looking for people who have fun working with the latest technologies in an international team. There are locations in Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Cologne, Olpe and Nuremberg as well as Finland, France, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain. International offices are in Tokyo, Sydney and Palo Alto which represents the distributed team in the USA.
If you are interested, please contact Jochen F. Schude for further information - or send us your paperless application with a cover letter including the job ID, tabular CV, certificates, salary request and the earliest possible date of entry by e-mail to email@example.com.