What’s New from Open-Xchange
With OX App Suite v.7.8.3, Open-Xchange has enhanced both usability and workflow to help users to get the most out of OX App Suite.
Open-Xchange also announces the new OX Presentation as part of OX Documents v7.8.3.
Please scroll down to see details of previous releases.
OX App Suite v7.8.3
As always Open-Xchange strives to improve the usability and functionality of its products, and this release is no exception. Based on extended usability testing and customer feedback this version features:
- Webmail Push - The web interface now notifies users immediately when emails arrive
- Improved Scheduling View - Better usability for larger meetings with more participants
- Preview Images of Shared Files – More visual usability in Drive Mail
OX App Suite Feature Overview
A New Way of Working
OX Presentation is an online presentation editor that feels and performs just like an offline editor. Users can work wherever they want, and thanks to OX Drive, even access synchronized content locally on any mobile device.
Easy To Use
Due to its simple User Interface, and its round-trip adoption of legacy documents, OX Presentation can be mastered easily by both consumers and business users alike, without having to learn new skills.
- Non-destructive support for PowerPoint files (2007 and later)
- Master and layout slides to work with less effort
- Powerful text frame options
- Shape gallery with lines, squares, circles, etc.
- Aligning, reordering and grouping objects
- Drag and drop images from desktop or web pages
- Collaborate on slides
Thanks to Open-Xchange’s round-trip functionality OX Presentation users can now work transparent with legacy PowerPoint documents, OX Presentation and OX Presenter.
Two Distinct Phases
Open-Xchange has identified that presentation work has two distinct phases: Building the presentation and delivering the presentation. That is why Open-Xchange has two distinct apps for handling presentations: OX Presentation for building and OX Presenter for performing.
OX Presentation Feature Overview
OX Documents has always been a very compelling feature that attracts customers to OX App Suite. This fully integrated suite has now become even more attractive with the following enhancements:
- Work with OX Guard encrypted documents
- Improved document rendering on platforms where no MS Office standard fonts are available
- Display and edit shapes in OX Text
- Support for Array/Matrix formulas in OX Spreadsheet
OX Documents Feature Overview
OX Guard – What’s New
After extended usability testing and customer feedback, OX Guard is now even more user friendly for non-security aware users. Features and terminology designed for advanced encryption users has now been simplified or pushed into expert settings. This version also features:
- Simplified and enhanced file encryption support for OX Drive and OX Documents
- Simpler Guest Invitations
OX Guard Feature Overview
Dovecot Anti-Abuse Shield v1.2.0
Dovecot Anti-Abuse Shield provides abuse-prevention for Webmail, POP, and IMAP. It integrates with both OX App Suite and Dovecot Pro to prevent login and authentication abuse and protects against brute-force attacks.
Dovecot Anti-Abuse Shield release 1.2.0 includes:
- Persistent Replicated Blacklists
Anti-Abuse Shield is able to store permanent or time-expiring entries for IP addresses and logins which are blacklisted. Blacklist entries are optionally persisted in a Redis DB, and can be replicated to all cluster members. Blacklist entries can be viewed and manipulated through Lua scripts or via the HTTP REST API.
Webhooks can be configured to send events to configured webhook endpoints, such as analytics solutions, through HTTP(S). The following events can be sent via a webhook: Report, Allow, Add Blacklist Entry, Delete Blacklist Entry and Expire Blacklist Entry.
Dovecot Anti-Abuse Shield Datasheet
Previous Releases from Open-Xchange
OX App Suite v7.8.2
- Email Categorization - Tabbed inbox for easier email management
- Drive Mail - Better handling of large email attachments
- Mail Attachment Overview - To make working with attachments easier
OX Documents v7.8.2
- Export as PDF - Convert your documents to PDF
- Sharing within OX Documents - Share your documents without switching to OX Drive
- Provisioning improvement - OX Spreadsheet now works without the calculation engine on the server
OX Guard v2.4.2
- Simplified Guided Tours and Settings for basic users, Enhanced Guided Tours for Advanced users
- New Metrics: Guard now supports more than 50 Guard specific UI metrics
- Improved set-up for new users, temporary passwords eliminated
OX Sync App v1.0.0
- Synchronization of Calendar and Tasks
- Supports all Android versions from Android 4.0 on
- Sync-Support for OX Tasks with the native task app
- Sync-Support for OX Calendar with the native appointment app
- Synchronization of Contacts
- Synchronization of name, title and position
Dovecot Anti-Abuse Shield v1.0.0
- Replicated/clustered architecture shares login reports between all cluster servers to provide a single overview of abuse
- Scriptable policy language – using the Lua language, the daemon functionality can now record and protect against a wide range of abusive behaviors as well as implementing specific customer security policies
- DNS lookups – for looking up blacklisted IPs or domains