Cologne | Germany | hr03
Open-Xchange (OX) is a market leader in Mail / Messaging and DNS-based security services, with more than 200m seats sold through international hosting and telco providers worldwide, including partners such as 1&1, Orange, Italiaonline, Comcast, GoDaddy, NTT or Softbank.
We at OX have our roots in Open Source, and this has shaped our view of the world and culture – open, diverse, and with a bias to act, giving everyone at OX room to take responsibility within their team and grow. OX believes in an internet that is open, safe and free. We want to create competitive products that allow our providers to deliver secure internet services with a great user experience, and that respect privacy and generate value.
With some 270+ people worldwide, OX develops and operates Open Source software (aaS) for mail / messaging (OX App Suite, OX Guard) and collaboration / productivity (OX Drive, OX Documents). OX’s Dovecot is the world’s dominant open-source IMAP server software, and our PowerDNS provides secure DNS services to our telco customers and their users.
Our business is fast-paced and changing constantly. We are looking for people who share our beliefs, who are out there to make a difference, are entrepreneurial and enjoy working in a high-tech environment as part of a truly international team. OX is headquartered in Cologne, Germany, with further locations throughout Germany (Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Cologne, Olpe and Nuremberg), the USA (Louisville, KY), Finland, the Netherlands, Italy, France, Spain and Japan (Tokyo).
You can make a difference as our VP People at OX
As VP People at OX, you will develop and shape our global People strategy as part of our overall strategy. You will work closely with the leadership team, reporting to the CFO and supported by a young, diverse team of dedicated People professionals.
You will develop people initiatives that support our business needs and strategic direction at OX. You will have plenty of experience in all those areas around our people that matter: talent development, change management, training & development, performance management and people engagement as well as compensation & benefits, all of this in a very international context.
You will have made a difference and thrive as VP People or senior People business partner in an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented business that is similar to OX, with solutions develop by high skilled tech people for large international customers. As our VP People, you will have experience with global employment and localized business practices, in particular in a European and US context.
Open-Xchange is headquartered out of Cologne / Germany; this is where most of us meet regularly and were you will be based (that said, we are used to moving around our locations).
Your key responsibilities
- You will be the business partner to the management team, connecting Open-Xchange’s mission, vision and culture to shaping our people strategy and practices.
- You engage with the senior management team of OX in shaping our culture, developing and implementing organizational change, including organization structures, processes and headcount (talent) planning.
- You translate Open-Xchange’s strategic and tactical plans into strategies and operational plans for the People function, in areas such as recruiting, compensation & benefits (incl. people administration), training & development, talent management and change management.
- You position Open-Xchange as the employer of choice through people-centric best practices that promote employee engagement.
- You own and enhance knowledge of international People (HR) cultural norms, laws, policies and programs and use these to implement effective programs at Open-Xchange.
- You lead and develop a diverse team of People professionals.
- You have collected plenty of experience in a senior people function over at least 8-10 years in a business context similar to OX, ideally including several years in a VP role or similar.
- You bring along relevant professional qualification, at an academic level (or equivalent), ideally combined with previous experience in high-growth software / SaaS environment (and a B2B context).
- You have the ability to develop, communicate and implement new people initiatives in a complex, fast changing environment effectively.
- You have a strong track record in managing organizational change and developing (an OX) culture as part of the overall business strategy.
- Your leadership skills are proven, you are hands-on, with a high sense of urgency and proactive in your decision-making.
- You “get” people, through strong ethical judgement combined with high degree of EQ, putting you in a position to sensitively handle challenging (people) situations.
- Your communications skills are strong at all levels, with our people, management or key internal and external stakeholders.
Our offer to you
At OX, our business is fast-paced, and we work hard, but we have fun doing what we do. We offer an entrepreneurial environment, where you will be working as part of a great management team and can make a huge difference leading and developing your own People team. We are a mid-sized business with great ambition; we can offer to you the opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in a truly international organization. You can make a real difference as our VP People, and you will be part of building a strong OX through our people. We can offer you a competitive “package” that will give you great freedom in determining how and where you work.
If you are interested, please contact Jochen F. Schude for further information - or send us your paperless application with a cover letter including the job ID (see at the top left corner), tabular CV, certificates, salary expectations and the earliest possible date of entry by e-mail to recruiting at open-xchange.com.