Cologne | Olpe | Germany | ga01-19-0
Team Leader Controlling
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of a special team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience and access many opportunities working for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
You can make a difference as our new Team Leader Controlling at OX
We are establishing this new role as Team Leader Controlling to support a growing business at OX and strengthen and a develop the way we look at (financial) performance and efficiency across the business. As Team Leader Controlling at OX, you will develop our controlling processes, systems and tools as part of our overall strategy, supported by the Head of Finance & Controlling and working closely with the wider management team globally. You will lead and develop a small but fine & diverse Controlling team.
You will bring to the table a strong professional background in Controlling and an excellent track record as Controller for a dynamic, fast-paced and quickly changing business environment; continuously enhancing our controlling tools, processes and developing the team in this context will be your core mission at OX.
Open-Xchange is headquartered out of Cologne / Germany, with most of the Controlling team working out of our Olpe office; you should live in this region (that said, we are used to moving around between our locations and working from home offices).
Your passion - Your job
- You lead and develop a team of currently three controllers and report to the Head of Finance & Controlling.
- You support the leadership team and the management in controlling the business, aligned to strategic and operational goals.
- You continuously develop controlling processes and tools in such a way that OX can identify new strategic or operational opportunities and risks at an early stage via its key performance indicator systems and adapt to them (above all in sales, in the implementation of large projects or the efficient control of resources). Of course, this also includes the maintenance and further development of IT systems and interfaces relevant to controlling.
- You will ensure that the controlling team implements the usual routine processes, such as monthly reporting and forecasting as well as annual corporate planning (budget), in high quality and on schedule (based on IFRS and in a corporate group structure). In the event of deviations from the actual plan or new trends (forecasting), you or your team will provide the impetus for action.
- You have successfully completed a course of study in business administration (or a comparable qualification).
- After completing your studies, you have gained at least five years of experience in sales, project or group controlling in an international group of companies, ideally in an OX-related industry (e.g. software, tech / services, aaS).
- You are experienced in the consolidation of legal consolidated financial statements according to HGB and IFRS (ideally).
- You have a high affinity for technology and software that are important in controlling and for OX (especially MS Office, common database applications, ERP software; ideally also software for mail/productivity and security).
- You have very good analytical skills and a good grasp of numbers, and you can also communicate this to a colleague or management.
- You work independently and on your own responsibility, but are also very team-oriented and inspire the team and colleagues with controlling topics; initial management experience is required.
- You are strong in communication and address even difficult technical or personal topics in a solution-oriented and constructive manner.
- We work in a very international environment, so a solid command of spoken and written English is very important to us.