Solution Engineer PowerDNS - Europe (Spain - Italy - Netherlands) (f/m/d)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We look for people who are committed to openness and have the will to leave their mark in the world. You will join OX as part of a special team. As a talented individual you can advance within your department as well as getting the opportunity to work for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: BT, KPN, Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail, collaboration and DNS.
Open Source is our foundation
The mix of divergent perspectives, corporate objectives, and personal goals is our foundation and speeds innovation and development.
OX believes in hiring talent and training for skills. We are specifically looking for employees willing to learn by doing. The close cooperation between the PowerDNS Engineering team and the Sales, Services and Engineering teams in the rest of the larger Open-Xchange organization, means growth opportunities abound inside and outside the team. In other words, this position is a great opportunity to build a career track.
As a PowerDNS Solution Engineer you will be part of the OX Professional Services Team, which helps our customers worldwide to deploy the PowerDNS solutions in their networks and systems. As part of the team you will work closely with our customers, partners and other OX teams, collaborating in the analysis, design, setup, testing and launch phases of roll-out and migration projects.
Your passion / Your job
- Participate in technical meetings with customers, partners and OX colleagues. Assess customer's requirements, discuss technical challenges and find joint solutions.
- Help our customers to deploy PowerDNS technology, working with them in the design, integration, installation, configuration, testing and launch of PowerDNS solutions.
- Investigate and reproduce complex custom issues, test solutions, help implement fixes with our Technical Support team
- Customer communication and managing (technical) relationship
- Work closely with PowerDNS development and technical support teams
- Hands on training of customer’s administrators and support teams
What do you bring to the table
- Experience in analysis, design and setup of complex setups in heterogeneous environments
- Knowledge of and experience with DNS technologies and solutions. Experience with commercial DNS products is a bonus.
- Knowledge of and experience with networking protocols like TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, BGP and anycast
- Knowledge of and experience with Linux systems administration and Linux networking.
- Knowledge of and experience of VMWARE and other virtualization technologies is a bonus.
- Troubleshooting skills that go from code to systems to network and everything in between
- Ability and willingness to work independently a part of a European team and to travel international
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English - multi-lingual candidates (in German, Dutch, Spanish or Italian) have an advantage
- Be organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure
Tools and programming/ scripting languages
- DevOps tools: Ansible
- Operating Systems: Mostly Linux (Debian, CentOS)
- Metrics: Prometheus, Grafana
- Version Control: Git, Github, Gitlab
- Data storage: PostgreSQL, Redis, LMDB
What do we offer
- Ability to work from both: your home office and our offices in the Netherlands, Spain, Italy or Germany
- A current company laptop (Macbook or Lenovo) with peripherals
- Many options for personal development and training
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
- Plenty of opportunities to attend conferences and industry gatherings with your co-workers, and an awesome end-of-year party