Europe | Europe | prse02/03-17-ws
Solution Engineer PDNS - Europe (f/m/d)
Daily activities alternate between working on customer issues and actual "Professional Services for customer implementations (both on & off-site). As a Solutions Engineer (with a focus on PowerDNS) you will work closely with the PowerDNS development team, as well as other parts of Open-Xchange like the Dovecot development, sales and Product Management teams from within the European Service team.
OX believes in hiring talent and training for skills. We think Implementation & Support is a great step into a promising career. We are specifically looking for candidates willing to learn quickly while delivering great service and support. The close cooperation between the Global Services Dep. and the Sales, Support and Development teams throughout the rest of the larger Open-Xchange organisation, means growth opportunities inside and outside the team. In other words, this position is a great opportunity for your personal development.
Your passion / Your job
- Implementation & Support of PowerDNS technology for our customers
- Investigate and reproduce complex custom issues, test solutions, help implement fixes
- Providing technical support during complex deployment projects and roll-outs
- Evaluation of customer environment, creation of custom integration concepts, and writing SOWs for actual implementations
- Customer communication and managing (technical) relationship
- Work closely with PowerDNS (including Open-Xchange and Dovecot) development, sales, and product management teams
- Manage architecture, design and documentation for customer solutions & projects
- Hands on training of customer’s administrators and support team
What do you bring to the table
- Good knowledge of DNS technologies and solutions (Open source and commercial).
- Knowledge and experience with PowerDNS is a bonus
- Experience in system administration or support of Unix or Linux systems, ideally in the hosting/telco market.
- In-depth knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Linux systems
Experience with System architecture and design (design and analysis of complex setups in heterogeneous environments)
- Good understanding of large, complex networking environments (IP, Anycast, Telco mobile and broadband networks, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Ansible, cloud technologies and databases (one or more like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis or sqlite)
- Knowledge of Lua script and/or C++ is a bonus.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and to travel international
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English - multi-lingual candidates (in German, Dutch, French, Spanish or Italian) have an advantage
- Experience with mission critical systems
- Knowledge of large scale E-Mail systems is a bonus
What do we offer
- Training and personal development
- Home Office and the opportunity to work from one of the many offices we define as the OX world
- The latest in IT equipment
- Flat hierarchies combined with "Open Door" policies
- Personal development in a dynamic environment