Espoo | rddc01
Software Engineer (f/m/d)
The Engineering Team is looking for a dedicated player to join the Dovecot Team.
We are looking to hire new Software Engineer to our open and very dynamic team. In this role you would be joining creative and very professional team of Software engineers who also know how to make work fun.
You would be part of the very soul and core of the engineering team and the development tasks will vary across our products.
The primary location for the Engineering Team is in Leppävaara Espoo, but as we are international company and have several offices across the world, working from one of our other locations is also a possibility.
Working from home occasionally is also supported.
Your passion / Your job
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating requirements, analysis, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Documentation and demonstration of solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Providing information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishing engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Designing, implementing and executing tests (integration, performance, load tests)
- Developing our test automation tools
- Setting up new test environments
- Investigating and debugging bugs in order to find the root cause
- Protection of operations by keeping information confidential
What do you bring to the table
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development, system development or related position
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Linux system such as RHEL, CentOS and Debian
- Programming language knowledge, preferably C
- Experience working in an agile environment
- As prime candidate for this position you would have experience with software development and software lifecycle management
- System architecture and design (design and analysis of complex setups in heterogeneous environments)
- Ability to work independently with support of the OX team
- Goal-oriented working style and high self-motivation
- Team player and ability to communicate well amongst peers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or corresponding work experience
What do we offer
- Working on modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Possibility to work from home office and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy