Espoo | rddc01
Software Developer (f/m/d)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive!
We look for people who are committed to openness and have the will to leave their mark in the world. You will join OX as part of a special team. As a talented individual you can advance within your department as well as getting the opportunity to work for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: BT, KPN, Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail, collaboration and DNS.
Open Source is our foundation
The mix of divergent perspectives, corporate objectives, and personal goals is our foundation and speeds innovation and development.
The Dovecot Team is looking for a dedicated player to join the Team
We're looking to hire a Software Developer to join the Dovecot Engineering Team, preferably in Espoo, Finland, but applicants located elsewhere will also be considered.
Your passion / Your job
- Writing excellent, understandable and clean C99 code
- Understanding Open source software – your name will be publicly show with your commits
- Secure coding practices – So far there have not been many security bugs related to Dovecot’s use of C language
- Writing unit tests and/or CI tests for your newly written code
- Designing and developing new features
- Debugging bugs, crashes and performance problems. Sometimes this requires understanding external software (or even hardware), such as the kernel, object storage, NFS, load balancer, firewall, etc.
- Writing performance critical code. With Dovecot that mainly means disk IO and memory optimizations, but in some cases also CPU.
Our ideal candidate would have the following experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or corresponding work experience
- Excellent C language skills, since Dovecot is mostly C99 code
- Good debugging skills to understand and fix crashes and other strange behavior (gdb, valgrind, strace)
- Deep understanding of at least some of the following: Linux kernel, memory management, CPUs, file systems, TCP/IP networks, storage solutions
- Experience in writing scripts (Python, Bash, Perl)
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, etc.)
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating requirements, analysis, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Ability to work independently with support the of the OX team
- Goal-oriented working style and high self-motivation
- Team player and ability to communicate well amongst peers
What do we offer
- Working on modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Possibility to occasionally work from home and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
- Great fringe benefits