Software Analyst PowerDNS / 2nd and 3rd Level Support (f/m/d)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of the Support Team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience inside the support department and access many opportunities working for OX globally
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
As a Software Analyst (with a focus on PowerDNS) you will work closely with the PowerDNS development team, as well as other parts of Open-Xchange and Dovecot development and Professional Services teams.
OX believes in hiring talent and training for skills. We think Support is a great step into a promising career. We are specifically looking for employees willing to learn quickly while delivering great support and service. The close cooperation between the Support department and the sales, services and development teams in the rest of the larger Open-Xchange organization, means growth opportunities abound inside and outside the team. In other words, this position is a great opportunity for your personal development.
Your passion / Your job
- 2nd and 3rd Level Support of PowerDNS technology for our customers
- System diagnostics and analysis of „million user“ environments
- Incident and Problem Management for customers' and Open-Xchange’s services
- Participate in PowerDNS implementation projects
- Investigate and reproduce complex custom issues, test solutions, help implement fixes
- Monitoring Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of Incident and Problem Tickets
- Customer communication and managing (technical) relationship
- Work closely with PowerDNS (including Open-Xchange and Dovecot) development, sales, and product management teams
- Periodic 24/7 on-call duty for high-severity Incidents
What do you bring to the table
- Minimum 5 years of experience in system management, system administration or related position
- In-depth knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Linux system such as Debian, RHEL, and SLES
- Knowledge about typical open standard protocols and services like HTTP, DNS, IMAP, SMTP, SQL
- Experience in operating PowerDNS service nice to have
- Understanding of complex setups in heterogeneous environments
- Experience with mission critical systems
- Ability to work independently
- Service oriented and entrepreneurial mind-set
- Goal-oriented working style and high self-motivation
- Team player and ability to communicate well amongst peers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What do we offer
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Home Office and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with a "Open Door" policy