Service Delivery Manager EU (f/m/d)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of the Engineering Team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience inside the development department and access many opportunities working for OX globally
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) provides leadership in the delivery management of the Open-Xchange major accounts. Having a global and/or regional span of oversight for end to end delivery, the Service Delivery Manager works with Open-Xchange Operations, solutions providers and Open-Xchange partners/subcontractors to ensure superior levels of customer satisfaction for Open-Xchange. The Service Delivery Manager drives projects and participates in Incident, Problem and Change management processes (as per ITIL Service Operation practices). Ensures the quality of the Service by engaging the appropriate teams to solve outstanding issues and complete projects and Change requests successfully and on-time. Additionally, the SDM communicates performance issues in the platform in a timely fashion and provides monthly reports of the Service. The Service Delivery Manager reports to the global Vice President of OXaaS (Open-Xchange-as-a-Service).
Your passion / Your job
- Single point of contact for topics related to the Service
- Facilitate the delivery of the Services included in the contract (SLA's)
- Deliver contracted reports (Monthly report, RCA, Handbook, etc.)
- Work closely with Support, Operations, Product, etc. to resolve outstanding tickets
- Second level of escalation for critical incidents (Service degradation, outages)
- Coordinate maintenances, upgrades, installation of patches, etc.
- Lead weekly and monthly calls with the client
- Monitor the progress of the migration process
- Gather information about new OX products, additional users or increased activity expected in the platform to ensure that it is sized properly
- Promote the improvement of the Service processes
What do you bring to the table
- You must have a Linux Administration Background and deep knowledge into the Linux Operating System as well us good understanding of web based and cloud technologies (ideally OpenStack)
- You know what SMTP, POP and IMAP are and how they work
- You have scripting skills in one scripting language
- You understand MySQL, Galera database
- Experience with global and/or regional oversight for end to end delivery of services and solutions to customers
- ITIL Certification, is a plus
- You understand IT Service Management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS, or closely related field
- A proven track record in managing service delivery and relationship management skills
- Achievement of Service Delivery Reporting, including SLA achievement, specific account KPI’s, and the client satisfaction targets
- Project Management experience would be an advantage, especially in Service Transition area
- Good presentation and customer communication skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
What do we offer
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Home Office and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with a "Open Door" policy
Open-Xchange (OX) is a market leader in Mail / Messaging and DNS-based security services, with more than 200m seats sold through international hosting and telco providers worldwide, including partners such as 1&1, Orange, Italiaonline, Comcast, GoDaddy or Softbank.
We at OX have our roots in Open Source, and this has shaped our view of the world and culture – open, diverse, and with a bias to act, giving everyone at OX room to take responsibility within their team and grow. OX believes in an internet that is open, safe and free. We want to create competitive products that allow our providers to deliver secure internet services with a great user experience, and that respect privacy and generate value.
With some 270+ people worldwide, OX develops and operates Open Source software (aaS) for mail / messaging (OX App Suite, OX Guard) and collaboration / productivity (OX Drive, OX Documents). OX’s Dovecot is the world’s dominant open-source IMAP server software, and our PowerDNS provides secure DNS services to our telco customers and their users.
Our business is fast-paced and changing constantly. We are looking for people who share our beliefs, who are out there to make a difference, are entrepreneurial and enjoy working in a high-tech environment as part of a truly international team. OX is headquartered in Cologne, Germany, with further locations throughout Germany (Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Cologne, Olpe and Nuremberg), the USA (Louisville, KY), Finland, the Netherlands, Italy, France, Spain and Japan (Tokyo).
If you are interested, please contact Jochen F. Schude for further information - or send us your paperless application with a cover letter including the job ID (see at the top left corner), tabular CV, certificates, salary expectations and the earliest possible date of entry by e-mail to recruiting at open-xchange.com.