Tokyo | Japan | prsa02-18
Senior Solution Engineer
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
Joining OX as part of the Services Team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience across technologies and access many opportunities working for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail and DNS
Worldwide companies like: BT, KPN, Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail, collaboration and DNS.
Professional Services is looking for a dedicated player to join the APAC Team
This position involves daily activities working with prospective and existing customers both on and off-site to deliver solutions based on our Products (Dovecot Pro, Ox App Suite and PowerDNS) and related Services. As a Senior Solution Engineer you will work closely with the OX product and engineering teams, as well as other parts of the Open-Xchange Services and Sales teams worldwide. As you are expected to manage your own work, being a self-starter is a must. As Senior Solution Engineer you are entrusted with high-profile projects and clients; this position requires technical customer management skills.
Your passion / Your job
- Talk to customers, assess requirements, discuss technical challenges and find joint solutions and custom integration concepts
- Bridging the gap between customers and Engineering teams
- Technical design, deployment and rollout of customer projects in large scaling environments
- Providing technical guidance to partners during complex deployment projects
- Provide system architecture design, performance benchmarks, and test systems during on-site installation
- Training customer’s administrators and support team
- Documentation of the projects / systems
- Point of contact for all incoming technical issues and questions during implementation phase and support for Pre-Sales and Support teams
- Work closely with Open-Xchange Engineering, Sales, Pre-Sales and Product Management teams
- Support customer’s experts in system deployment
- During some projects you will be working at the customer site; otherwise you will be based at OX Dovecot office in Tokyo
What do you bring to the table
- Minimum of 5 years experience in system management, system development or related position
- In-depth knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Linux system such as RHEL, CentOS, Debian or SLES
- As prime candidate for this position you would have extensive experience with customer expectation management and delivery on these expectations
- System architecture and design (design and analysis of complex setups in heterogeneous environments)
- In-depth knowledge of Internet E-Mail systems, SMTP / IMAP and mail routing
- In-depth knowledge of systems such as DNS, load balancers and LDAP
- Experience with mission critical systems
- Ability to work independently with support of the OX team
- Service oriented and entrepreneurial mindset
- Goal-oriented working style and high self-motivation
- Team player and ability to communicate well amongst peers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English
- Willingness for travel to customer locations, mainly in Japan
- Bonus: Experience with Apache Cassandra, MySQL, Ansible, Lua script, C or public cloud technologies like AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or corresponding work experience
- Experience within the Managed Service or SaaS market - especially in Telco, Mobile, Cable or ISP space would be particularly relevant
What do we offer
- Working on modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Possibility to work from home office and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy