Tokyo | prsa02-18
Senior Solution Engineer
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We look for people who are committed to openness and have the will to leave their mark in the world. You will join OX as part of a special team. As a talented individual you can advance within your department as well as getting the opportunity to work for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: BT, KPN, Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail, collaboration and DNS.
Open Source is our foundation
The mix of divergent perspectives, corporate objectives, and personal goals is our foundation and speeds innovation and development.
Professional Services is looking for a dedicated player to join the APAC Team
This position involves daily activities working with prospective and existing customers both on and off-site to deliver solutions based on our Products (Dovecot Pro, Ox App Suite and PowerDNS) and related Services. As a Senior Solution Engineer you will work closely with the OX product and engineering teams, as well as other parts of the Open-Xchange Services and Sales teams worldwide. As you are expected to manage your own work, being a self-starter is a must. As Senior Solution Engineer you are entrusted with high-profile projects and clients; this position requires technical customer management skills.
Your passion / Your job
- Talk to customers, assess requirements, discuss technical challenges and find joint solutions and custom integration concepts
- Bridging the gap between customers and Engineering teams
- Technical design, deployment and rollout of customer projects in large scaling environments
- Providing technical guidance to partners during complex deployment projects
- Provide system architecture design, performance benchmarks, and test systems during on-site installation
- Training customer’s administrators and support team
- Documentation of the projects / systems
- Point of contact for all incoming technical issues and questions during implementation phase and support for Pre-Sales and Support teams
- Work closely with Open-Xchange Engineering, Sales, Pre-Sales and Product Management teams
- Support customer’s experts in system deployment
- During some projects you will be working at the customer site; otherwise you will be based at OX Dovecot office in Tokyo
What do you bring to the table
- Minimum of 5 years experience in system management, system development or related position
- In-depth knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Linux system such as RHEL, CentOS, Debian or SLES
- As prime candidate for this position you would have extensive experience with customer expectation management and delivery on these expectations
- System architecture and design (design and analysis of complex setups in heterogeneous environments)
- In-depth knowledge of Internet E-Mail systems, SMTP / IMAP and mail routing
- In-depth knowledge of systems such as DNS, load balancers and LDAP
- Experience with mission critical systems
- Ability to work independently with support of the OX team
- Service oriented and entrepreneurial mindset
- Goal-oriented working style and high self-motivation
- Team player and ability to communicate well amongst peers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English
- Willingness for travel to customer locations, mainly in Japan
- Bonus: Experience with Apache Cassandra, MySQL, Ansible, Lua script, C or public cloud technologies like AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or corresponding work experience
- Experience within the Managed Service or SaaS market - especially in Telco, Mobile, Cable or ISP space would be particularly relevant
What do we offer
- Working on modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Possibility to work from home office and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy