Senior Sales Engineer PowerDNS EU - Security
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We look for people who are committed to openness and have the will to revolutionize the market. You will join OX as part of a special team. As a talented individual, you can advance within your department as well as getting the opportunity to work for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com, Rackspace, Softbank, and GoDaddy use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
Open Source is our foundation
The mix of divergent perspectives, corporate objectives, and personal goals is our foundation and speeds up innovation.
What would you be doing
Daily activities involve working with prospective and new customers both on and off-site to help our sales team sell PowerDNS and Open-Xchange security solutions. You will present the product, educate the customer, and even run Proof-of-Concept installations. As a Senior Sales Engineer (with a focus on PowerDNS) you will work closely with the PowerDNS product and engineering teams, as well as other parts of the Open-Xchange European Sales and Service teams.
Your personal opportunity
Sales Engineering is a key role in helping our company grow. We are specifically looking for teammates willing to learn quickly and try new things in the name of helping our customers succeed. The right person for this role will focus intently on responding quickly and helping drive the customer engagement forward every day. You will also have an eye toward growing within the Global Services team or into different roles across the Open-Xchange organization. In other words, this position is a great opportunity for your personal development.
If you want to be an active part of something larger than yourself, this is the role for you. If you just want to punch the clock and are not up for a challenge, then you should probably look somewhere else.
Your passion / Your job
- Technical Sales Support and Implementation of PowerDNS technology for our customers both on site (EU – probably 50% travel) and remotely
- Manage the technical relationship with key customers throughout the presales cycle
- Investigate customer needs and pain points and find PowerDNS solutions
- Evaluate customer environments, create custom integration concepts, and write SOWs for actual implementations.
- Manage architecture, design, and documentation for customer solutions
- Collaborate with the PowerDNS and other product teams to build technical presentations for customer and industry events
- Work closely with the Europe and Global Open-Xchange teams - PowerDNS, App Suite, and Dovecot development, sales, and product management teams
- Train other OX team members on cutting edge PowerDNS technologies as they are built
- Deliver speeches and seminars at community events
What you bring to the table
- Very good knowledge of DNS solutions (Bind, NLNet Labs, Knot, PowerDNS, etc.)
- Good understanding of large, complex networking environments (Anycast, etc.)
- Strong, hands-on Linux system administration skills
- Experience with system architecture and design (design and analysis of complex setups in heterogeneous environments).
- Ability to work independently from a home office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English – multi-lingual candidates (in German or French) will get bonus points
- Knowledge of Lua script and/or C++ is a bonus. Additional bonus points awarded for hands-on experience with Ansible, Kubernetes, or public cloud technologies
What we offer
- The opportunity to help grow a new market, working directly with the engineers who are building the “product of the future” at the core of trusted internet services – DNS is a core component of the internet, and this is your chance to make a lasting impression
- Work from a home office and the opportunity to work from one of the many offices across the OX world
- The latest in IT equipment
- Flat hierarchies and "Open Door" policies
- Personal development in a dynamic environment