Den Haag | Europe | rdow04
Senior QA Engineer (m/f)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
This position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals into various opportunities, within the many business lines of OX globally. As a member of our innovative team, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of new and large scaling projects and shape the way customers get their needs fulfilled.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
As a Senior Quality-Assurance Engineer you will work in the PowerDNS Engineering team, as well as with other parts of Open-Xchange like the Support and Professional Services teams. QA is an integral part of the development process, and as such you will be involved from design, to building, to review and finally to release.
The close cooperation between the PowerDNS Engineering team and the sales, services and development teams in the rest of the larger Open-Xchange organization, means growth opportunities abound inside and outside the team. In other words, this position is a great opportunity for your personal development.
Your passion / Your job
- Create, maintain, execute and document (automated) tests
- Collaboration with project teams and technical customer departments
- Active support of our development and operations teams
- Analysis of technical problems and communication with our customers in cooperation with our support team
- Analysis and risk assessment of customer requirements
- Ensure designs are complete and in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
- Must be very organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure
What do you bring to the table
- Study of computer science or comparable vocational education and experience
- Experience with agile approaches to software testing and (test-driven) development
- Knowledge of test automation tools, procedures and programming languages is required as well as the willingness to learn new technologies and to contribute innovations
- A good eye for details, user expectations and potential sources of error
- Structured and results-oriented working style as well as willingness to learn and good communication/social skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English; German and/or Dutch and/or French a nice to have.
What do we offer
- Working on modern DNS, load-balancing and traffic-filtering software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas for our product
- HomeOffice and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with a "Open Door" policy