USA | USA | ps02
Senior Presales Engineer - USA
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of the Sales Engineering Team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience inside the department and access many opportunities working for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, ItaliaOnline, GoDaddy, and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
Sales Engineering is a critical part of serving our existing customers and gaining new customers at OX. You will be the technical lead, working both on and off-site to help our sales team sell Open-Xchange email solutions. You will present the product, educate the customer, calculate sizing recommendations, and even run Proof-of-Concept exercises. As a Sales Engineer (with a focus on OX App Suite and Dovecot) you will work closely with the product and engineering teams, as well as other parts of the Open-Xchange Sales and Service teams around the world.
We are specifically looking for reliable teammates who will focus intently on responding quickly and helping drive the customer engagement forward every day.
The right person for this role is willing to learn quickly and try new things in the name of helping our customers succeed. You should also have an eye toward growing within the Global Services team or into different roles across the Open-Xchange organization. In other words, this position is a great opportunity for your personal development.
If you want to be an active part of something larger than yourself, you are a proactive self-starter, and you’re looking for a technical challenge as part of a fun team, this is the role for you.
Your passion / Your job
- Technical Sales Support and implementation of email technologies for our customers both on site and remotely by phone and video conference. Our customers are spread across North and South America and we tend to travel 30% to 50% of the time.
- Manage the technical relationship with key customers throughout the pre-sales cycle
- Manage architecture, design, and documentation for customer solutions
- Investigate and document customer needs and pain points and find OX solutions
- Evaluate customer environments, create custom integration concepts
- Gather internal resources for the solution, and write LOEs and SOWs for delivery
- Collaborate with product, services, and engineering teams to build technical presentations for customer and industry events
- Work closely with the local, regional and global Open-Xchange teams
What do you bring to the table
- Experience with system architecture and design (design and analysis of complex setups in heterogeneous environments)
- Knowledge of email solutions (Dovecot and App Suite preferred) and technologies (IMAP, POP, TLS, LDAP, etc.)
- Understanding of multi-million user, complex environments (Telcos, hosters, ISPs, etc.)
- Experience in Linux-based environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English – multi-lingual candidates (in Portuguese, Spanish, French, or German) get bonus points
- Additional bonus points awarded for hands-on experience with Ansible, Vagrant, Kubernetes, or public cloud technologies
- Discipline to work independently from a home office and/or OX office - it is our preference to hire in Louisville, KY or the surrounding area
What do we offer
- The opportunity to help OX grow, working with customers who are household names around the world
- Working on modern cloud software as part of an international team
- The latest in IT equipment
- Flat hierarchies and "Open Door" policies
- Personal development in a dynamic environment