Nuremberg | Europe | sug01
Senior Incident Manager - EU (f/m/d)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of a special team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience and access many opportunities working for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
As incident manager you are responsible to restore a normal service operation as quickly as possible and to minimize the impact on the Open-Xchange Services and business operations. You initiate and manage all necessary processes and coordinate with the Open-Xchange support and service.
In that fashion, you are the one who will restore the services as fast as possible (incl. work arounds).
Your passion / Your job
- System diagnostics and analysis of (normally) „million user“ environments of our customers.
- Incident and Problem Management for customers' and OX' services
- Monitoring Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of Incident and Problem Tickets
- Optimisation of our support processes
- Managing Incidents and Major Incidents
What you bring to the table
- Graduation as a bachelor / master in computer science, electronics or a equivalent education
- Deep knowledge of Linux (Debian, RHEL, SLES) is important for this position.
- A broad knowledge of typical Open Source Services like Apache, MySQL, Postfix, Dovecot
- Advanced know how in different cluster techniques (both high availability and high performance)
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
- ITIL v3 certification recommended
What do we offer
- Working on modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas for our products
- Training and personal development
- Flexibility to work from your home office
- The latest in IT equipment
- Flat hierarchies combined with "Open Door" policies
- Personal development in a dynamic environment