Sales Director - APAC
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of a special team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience and access many opportunities working for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
You will make a difference as our Sales Director for the APAC region
Open-Xchange (OX) is seeking an energetic Sales Director to target the APAC Service Provider market with our DNS, Security, and OX Protect offerings. The right candidate will have a positive attitude and a strong sense of urgency who will make things happen. The Sales Director is a critical position that will be responsible for selling our leading network control, Parental Control, security, and OX Protect solutions. The main focus will be on growing revenues by developing new large Service Provider accounts and working with large existing global customers to improve their businesses. This includes owning and coordinating all aspects of the sales cycle, as well as maintaining and expanding the customer base within the assigned territory. This position is perfect for the experienced Sales person who appreciates both autonomy and accountability while surpassing quotas and growing market share. The Sales Director will report directly to the Regional Director APAC.
Your passion / Your job
- Account management of key clients existing relationship and responsible for revenue growth
- Acquisition of net new business within product offerings, especially DNS-based offerings—e.g.; DNS, Security, and OXProtect.
- Meet or exceed assigned quota and revenue expectations with new and existing customers and OEM accounts for the Americas Market.
- Secure new Service Provider accounts in the APAC/Japan region
- Develop sales account strategies for all key accounts
- Take end-to-end ownership of timely RFP / RPI responses including pricing, commercial terms and customer submittal
- Follow up on current APAC OX leads and opportunities
- Manage sales orders and provide status to partners and/or management
- Extend relationships and further expand revenues with existing partners in the Americas
- Clearly communicate the Open-Xchange value proposition to prospective clients
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars, and Americas Sales events and shows
- Provide weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and price quotations
- Define and execute partner sales plans
- Work closely with OX development, support, and product management teams to ensure the right level of requirements are provided internally
What do you bring to the table
- 7+ years in successful technology sales with a proven track record of attaining quotas
- Ability to understand complex technical problems in the Networking and Security industry at a business level—with Cloud and/or security knowledge highly desirable
- Strong sales and relationship building skills with a proven track record in negotiating and closing sales in assigned territory
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle
- Ability to craft a solution that meets business goal based on client’s discussions
- Service oriented and entrepreneurial mind set—must be comfortable introducing new solutions to old problems.
- Experience in selling at the executive level
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present technical concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals
- Self-motivated, able to problem solve and work with limited direction
- Must be comfortable working in a start-up environment, where everyone must have the “roll up your sleeves” and get it done attitude
- You must be able to travel up to 50% of the timne
- Candidate must have proof they are authorized to live and work in the United States.
Our offer to you
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas for our product
- HomeOffice and the opportunity to work from one of our worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with a "Open Door" policy