Release and Integration Engineer (Engineering Services)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We look for people who are committed to openness and have the will to revolutionize the market. You will join OX as part of a special team. As a talented individual, you can advance within your department as well as getting the opportunity to work for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com, Rackspace, Softbank, and GoDaddy use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
Open Source is our foundation
The mix of divergent perspectives, corporate objectives, and personal goals is our foundation and speeds up innovation.
You can make a difference as a Release and Integration Engineer at OX
This position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals into various opportunities, within the many business lines of OX globally. As a member of our innovative team, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of new and large scaling projects and shape the way customers get their needs fulfilled. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the implementation and continuing support of cross platform build systems, continuous integration systems, automated testing, packaging systems, multiple branched environments, and source control integration.
Your passion / Your job
- Coordinate software release operations for an innovative software supplier across international customers and developer teams
- Architect, set up and maintain automated software release cycles (development, integration and system testing)
- Utilize the latest technology and programming techniques to realize the full capacity of OX
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologiesStrong Customer relationships and service deliveries are part of your work
What do you bring to the table
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Strong experience with build frameworks
- Strong experience with automation/configuration management using the latest tools (Jenkins preferred)
- Strong knowledge of quality management and test engineering
- Strong knowledge of Source Code Control Systems (Git required)
- Strong Linux command line and scripting skills
- Experience using Docker and Chef to create reproducible build environments
- General knowledge and experience with software life cycle process
- Good organizational skills and a proven ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment as a member of a team and individually
- Strong customer focused, team oriented communication skills with emphasis on IT Infrastructure and software development
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be very organized with a strong ability to complete work in an environment with multiple daily interruptions. Able to multi-task. Excellent attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong experience with Linux packaging (dpkg and rpm)
What do we offer
- Exciting work on a modern open-source cloud software in an internationally operating
- Plenty of scope for your own ideas and design decisions
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- Equipped with the up-to-date hardware
- Trainings and continuous personal development
- Flat hierarchies with an "Open Door" philosophy
- A company pension scheme (401K)
- Parental leave opportunity
- An excellent health plan