Presales Engineer - Japan / Tokyo
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
Joining OX as part of the Support Team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience across the marketing mix and access many opportunities working for OX globally
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
This position involves daily activities working with current, prospective and new customers both on and off-site to help our sales team sell our products Dovecot Pro, OX App Suite, OX Protect and PowerDNS as well as related services. As a Presales Engineer you will work closely with the OX sales, product and engineering teams worldwide. We are specifically looking for teammates willing to learn quickly and try new things to help our customers succeed. The right person for this role will focus intently on responding quickly and helping drive the customer engagement forward every day.
Your passion / Your job
- Presenting to customers and prospects the Open-Xchange products which can be installed at customer data center or offered as a service by OX.
- Management of RFI/RFQ responses.
- Evaluation of customer environments, technical requirements, and business needs.
- Help in detailed requirements gathering for new projects for integrations, migrations, customizations and new feature requests.
- Help in design of on premise system architecture, including software architecture, hardware architecture and hardware sizing recommendations.
- Ownership of the Level of Effort (LOE) and Statement of Work (SOW) processes with direct involvement in creation, completion, and approval of the appropriate documentation for each process.
- Preparation of contract technical annexes and review of them with internal stakeholders and the customer.
- Handover and guidance of new customer projects from presales to implementation teams.
- Provide pre-sales high-level training to customers.
- Managing the product feature requests process with Product Management including customer follow up.
What do you bring to the table
- Proven experience in Professional Services, Sales Engineering or similar positions. Strong technical skills to effectively perform in this role.
- Good knowledge of Email and/or DNS solutions such as Dovecot, Postfix, Bind, or PowerDNS.
- Good understanding of large, complex networking environments and routing protocols
- Strong, hands-on Linux system administration skills and understanding are a bonus
- Experience with system architecture and design of complex environments.
- Willingness for travel to customer locations, mainly in Japan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Excellent communication and mediation skills, you are an open minded team player
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus some years in a related software development or project management field. Some relevant experience in 1 or more phases of product/development life cycles.
- Experience within the Managed Service or SaaS market - especially in the Telco, Mobile, Cable or ISP space would be particularly relevant.
- Strong customer focus with high flexibility, open minded and solution driven.
- Experience in Network Security solutions would be beneficialHighly organized and capable of capturing and documenting key information and actions from customer interactions.
What do we offer
- Working on modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas for our products
- Training and personal development
- Flexibility to work from your home office
- The latest in IT equipment
- Flat hierarchies combined with "Open Door" policies
- Personal development in a dynamic environment
Open-Xchange (OX) is a market leader in Mail / Messaging and DNS-based security services, with more than 200m seats sold through international hosting and telco providers worldwide, including partners such as 1&1, Orange, Italiaonline, Comcast, GoDaddy, NTT or Softbank.
We at OX have our roots in Open Source, and this has shaped our view of the world and culture – open, diverse, and with a bias to act, giving everyone at OX room to take responsibility within their team and grow. OX believes in an internet that is open, safe and free. We want to create competitive products that allow our providers to deliver secure internet services with a great user experience, and that respect privacy and generate value.
With some 270+ people worldwide, OX develops and operates Open Source software (aaS) for mail / messaging (OX App Suite, OX Guard) and collaboration / productivity (OX Drive, OX Documents). OX’s Dovecot is the world’s dominant open-source IMAP server software, and our PowerDNS provides secure DNS services to our telco customers and their users.
Our business is fast-paced and changing constantly. We are looking for people who share our beliefs, who are out there to make a difference, are entrepreneurial and enjoy working in a high-tech environment as part of a truly international team. OX is headquartered in Cologne, Germany, with further locations throughout Germany (Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Cologne, Olpe and Nuremberg), the USA (Louisville, KY), Finland, the Netherlands, Italy, France, Spain and Japan (Tokyo).
If you are interested, please contact Jochen F. Schude for further information - or send us your paperless application with a cover letter including the job ID (see at the top left corner), tabular CV, certificates, salary expectations and the earliest possible date of entry by e-mail to recruiting at open-xchange.com.