Platform Security Architect – Europe (f/m/d)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of a special team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience and access many opportunities working for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
This position will support our SaaS email platform, providing service to large customers for tens of millions of end users.Core competencies required include platform security, automated deployment, virtualization and internet protocols. You will be expected to provide quick resolution of difficult technical problems. This position will also be responsible for major contributions to technical architecture, documentation and systems project management.
Your passion / Your job
- Continuously review the security posture of the platform, and recommend and implement new security measures
- Define andcommunicate platform architecture and binding security concepts/policies at a deeply technical level both internally and externally
- Work as one of the team’s platform architecture experts, with a particular focus on the security of the platform
- Assist with administering mission-critical software such as Dovecot, LDAP, Galera, Cassandra, OX AppSuite with a particular focus on security and hardening
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs
- Server configuration and management using Ansible / Chef
- Document architecture and essential function methodologies
- Assist with security audit and compliance tasks
- Collaborate with global operations teams
- Participate in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation
- Monitor system logs and activities
- Shell, Ruby, Python scripting
What do you bring to the table
- Bachelor or master degree in computer science or comparable +10 years job experience
- 5+ years experience working as a Security Architect
- 8+ years experience working with Linux
- 5+ years working with VMWare or OpenStack
- Strong experience with configuring, validating and securing environments utilizing firewalls and iptables
- Experience and understanding of hardening Linux-based environments with heterogenous applications
- Knowledge of Internet, authentication, and authorization protocols (HTTP, LDAP, SAML, OAuth/Openid Connect), Privileged Identity Management, Identity Federation
- Knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric encryption technologies, including concepts such as Forward Secrecy, Padding Modes, Elliptic Curves
- Strong Experience with Linux kernel tuning, TCP/IP, Mcast and strong networking fundamentals
- Experience with configuring and operating a Host-based IDS such as OSSEC across a large platform
- Deep understanding of encryption technologies, including keeping cipher suite configurations up-to-date at the OS and application level
- Experience with security incident response
- Solid understanding of networking concepts: the OSI model, TCP, IP, routing, firewalls, load balancers
- Ability to work as part of the team but also self-manage
- Interest in learning new technologies and working with proof of concepts to promote new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willingness to present technical information to a group
- Understanding of multi-tiered applications
- Experience with logging technologies such as Graylog, ELK stack, or Splunk
- Design operations and implementation scripts and automation; configure and write supporting documentation
- Lead and assist in areas of technical innovations and security improvements
- Some domestic and international travel will be required
What do we offer
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Home Office and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with a "Open Door" policy