Cologne | Olpe | Germany | Germany | pm-07
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of a special team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience and access many opportunities working for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
You will make a difference as our Partner Manager at OX
We are hiring a Partner Manager and Evangelist to drive adoption of our new COI (Chat Over IMAP) standard. This is a newly created senior role in an exciting new product area (Replacing the WhatsApp’s of the world with email-based chat) for Open-Xchange. In this role you will have the opportunity to help shape the way the new COI standard is communicated and contribute significantly to our thought leadership activities in the messaging market and influence how our own COI compliant messaging apps are positioned.
Your passion / Your job
- Act as evangelist for our new (COI) Chat Over IMAP standard and help grow the COI community. This involves driving visibility and understanding of the COI standard and the OX vision for messaging, and taking a thought leadership role to position OX in the messaging space.
- Represent OX at conferences, events and meetings, and engage with the COI community through social media channels.
- Identify additional events and talking opportunities (for example: roadshows, OSS Conferences, CloudFest, OX Summit etc.) and drive visibility and understanding of the COI standard and the OX vision for messaging in those channels.
- Work with Product Marketing and Product Management to establish and manage a COI Partner Program.
- Once the program is established the Partner Manager will be responsible for recruiting, managing and supporting partners who are either interested in developing new COI compliant apps or certifying their existing apps as COI compliant.
- Ongoing responsibilities will include:
- Management and communication with existing partners and working closely with Product Management and Product Marketing to ensure partners are up-to-date with new developments and changes in the COI world.
- Supporting the COI Product Manager with feeding back partner requirements into product development process.
- Supporting the COI Product Marketing Manager to drive visibility of both OX COI compliant Apps and Customer/Partner Apps in the community prior to launch.
- In addition, the Partner Manager should work with Product Marketing and Sales to make partner apps available directly to customers, or through the direct to end-user COI.me website.
What do you bring to the table
- Five to Ten (or more) years working on OS projects, ideally in a lead role, and a good understanding of OS community dynamics.
- The ability to present technical topics in a relaxed and engaging way and excite people about the potential for new technologies and ideas.
- A comprehensive understanding of messaging and email infrastructure requirements, architecture, protocols, design considerations and limitations. Familiarity with combined messaging and email environments a plus.
- 5 plus years’ experience in partner management, including setting up partner management programs and recruiting new partners.
- A degree in the field of computer science or comparable professional experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Our offer to you
- Working on modern open source cloud software in a very international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas for our products
- Flexible working times and the possibility to work from home
- The latest in IT equipment
- Training and personal development
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
- Personal growth in a dynamic environment
- Company pension plan
- Lots and lots of travel to fancy places
- A soccer table accompanied by an extensive bar serving different kinds of soft drinks, coffee, tea and fresh fruits. (offer varies between sites)