Linux System Administrator EU (f/m/d)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of a special team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience and access many opportunities working for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
As a Linux System Administrator in Europe you will make the difference
This position will support our SaaS email platform, providing service to large customers for tens of millions of end users. Core competencies required include automated deployment, virtualization and mail protocols. You will be expected to provide quick resolution of difficult technical problems and we are asking you to share your major contributions regarding technical architecture, documentation and systems project management. The close cooperation between you and the Services and Engineering teams in the rest of the larger Open-Xchange organization, means growth opportunities abound inside and outside the team. In other words, this position is a great opportunity to build a career track.
Your passion / Your job
- Assist with administering mission-critical software such as Dovecot, LDAP, Galera, Cassandra
- Hardware installation and troubleshooting
- Shell scripting
- Server deployment, configuration and management using Ansible / Chef
- Monitor system logs and activities
- Participate in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation supporting and collaborate with global operations teams
- Assist with security audit and compliance tasks
- Document architecture and essential function methodology
What do you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 8+ years of experience working with Linux
- 5+ years working with VMWare or OpenStack
- 5+ years scripting in bash, perl, python, or ruby
- Experience with OpenStack, Ansible, Dovecot, Cassandra & Java
- Perform security hardening via group policies, local policies, scripting, etc.
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis as assigned
- Willingness to do some domestic and international travel
- Solid understanding of networking concepts: the OSI model, TCP, IP, routing, firewalls & load balancers
- Ability to work as part of the team but also self-managed
- Interest in learning new technologies and working with proof of concepts to promote new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willingness to present technical information to a group
- Storage concepts including iSCSI, fiber channel, LVM and NFS
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and virtualization technologies including OpenStack and VMware.
- Experience with object storage platforms like Scality, Ceph & SWIFT
- Understanding of multi-tiered applications
- Experience with logging technologies such as Graylog, Kibana, or Splunk
- Design operations and implementation scripts and automation; configure and write supporting documentation
- Ensure availability, scalability and performance of the Linux Server environment
- Perform ongoing maintenance, patching, hot fixes and software upgrades
- Develop and maintain operations and disaster recover documentation as well as standard operating procedures.
- Lead and assist in areas of technical innovations and cost savings
What do we offer
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas for our product
- HomeOffice and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with a “Open Door” policy
- Plenty of opportunities to attend conferences and industry gatherings with your co-workers, and an awesome end-of-year party