Dortmund | Olpe | Europe | rdmi01
Java Middleware-Developer (f/m/d)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of a special team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience and access many opportunities working for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
OX App Suite is one of the market-leading web applications in the e-mail environment that is used by millions of users every day. You help to develop the application server of this modern open source cloud software and expand its platform with additional microservices. You are part of the 14-strong middleware team and work in Olpe or Dortmund.
What do you have to do
- Further development and maintenance of the OX App Suite application server
- Extending the platform by Java-based microservices to build a standardized architecture
- Development of new functionalities in Java as well as adding new components according to the OSGi model
- Compiling of database queries for relational databases (SQL, MySQL)
- Ensuring high quality through code reviews, pair programming and integration tests
- Refactoring of our code in compliance with programming conventions
- Collaboration in an agile team
That is what you offer
- Completed studies with a focus on computer science
- You know Java, object-oriented programming and basic design patterns.
- You have experience in web programming, especially on the server side (Servlet API, Java Concurrency).
- Relational databases (SQL) and Unix/Linux operating systems don't scare you
- Working with a versioning tool is known to you (Git)
- Good knowledge of both - German and English
We would be delighted about additional knowledge like
- Ideally you already have knowledge of Eclipse ,SOA and OSGi
- Experience with containering, e.g. Docker
- Knowledge of NoSQL, e.g. Cassandra
- Overview in NIO Programming in Java, e.g. Netty
- Experience with Reactive Programming
That is what we offer
- Exciting work on a modern open-source cloud software in an internationally operating company
- Plenty of scope for your own ideas and design decisions
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- Equipped with the up-to-date hardware
- Hackathons, workshops and team events
- Trainings and continuous personal development
- Flat hierarchies with an "Open Door" philosophy
- Personal development in a dynamic environment
- A company pension scheme
- Company sports - Free entry to various gyms and swimming baths