Nuremberg | sug03
Helpdesk Specialist - SW Analyst
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We look for people who are committed to openness and have the will to revolutionize the market. You will join OX as part of a special team. As a talented individual, you can advance within your department as well as getting the opportunity to work for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com, Rackspace, Softbank, and GoDaddy use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
Open Source is our foundation
The mix of divergent perspectives, corporate objectives, and personal goals is our foundation and speeds up innovation.
You can make a difference as Helpdesk Specialist/SW Analyst at Open-Xchange
As a Help Desk Specialist you are responsible for answering support requests and directly working with Open-Xchange customers in order to solve technical issues, or pre-qualify support requests for the downstream Support Levels 2 and 3.
Your key responsibilities / Your Passion
- 1st and 2nd Level Support for the Open-Xchange product portfolio
- Pre-qualification of support requests for the downstream Support Levels 2 and 3
- Incident and Problem Management for customers' and Open-Xchange’s software and services
- Investigate and reproduce customer issues, test solutions, help providing solutions in 1st and also 2nd Support level
- Monitoring Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of Incident and Problem Tickets
- Customer communication and managing (technical) relationship
- Work closely with the Open-Xchange Operations and Development Teams
Your background / What you bring to the table
- Minimum 3 years of experience in system management, system administration or related position
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Linux system such as Debian, RHEL, and SLES welcome
- Knowledge about typical open standard protocols and services like HTTP, DNS, IMAP, SMTP, SQL
- Understanding of complex setups in heterogeneous environments
- Ability to work independently
- Service oriented and entrepreneurial mind-set
- Goal-oriented working style and high self-motivation
- Team player and ability to communicate well amongst peers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
Our offer to you
- Exciting work on a modern open-source cloud software in an internationally operating company
- Plenty of scope for your own ideas and design decisions
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- Equipped with the up-to-date hardware
- Trainings and continuous personal development
- Flat hierarchies with an "Open Door" philosophy
- A company pension scheme
- Parental leave opportunity
- Company sports - Free entry to various fitness studios and swimming pools