Hamburg | ga05
Head of Legal / Senior Legal Counsel (f/m/d)
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We look for people who are committed to openness and have the will to revolutionize the market. You will join OX as part of a special team. As a talented individual, you can advance within your department as well as getting the opportunity to work for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com, Rackspace, Softbank, and GoDaddy use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
Open Source is our foundation
The mix of divergent perspectives, corporate objectives, and personal goals is our foundation and speeds up innovation.
You can make a difference as our Head of Legal at OX
As our Head of Legal, you will own and develop our legal strategy, manage our Legal team and own the legal processes at OX, reporting to the CFO. As our most senior legal counsel, you enjoy being involved in or leading the negotiation of complex international (customer) contracts, working closely with the management board or senior managers across OX and you enjoy to consult business units on various legal topics.
You are an excellent qualified lawyer, with significant post-graduate professional experience in dealing with legal matters that are important to us around software, IP and data protection internationally. You have led a team of legal professionals before or are ready to do so now.
Open-Xchange is headquartered out of Cologne, Germany, with our legal team based out of Hamburg. Ideally, you will be based out of Hamburg, or you are willing to spend significant time there.
Your key responsibilities
As our Head of Legal, you will advise the management board, management and all specialist departments on a variety of legal. You will be the Senior Legal Counsel at OX, covering our legal matters with a team of three legal professionals, with a core focus on complex customer contracts internationally and topics related to software, services IP and data protection.
- You manage and develop the Legal team and own the legal budget for OX (group-wide)
- You develop and manage our legal strategy, processes and tools at OX, including contract management and corporate matters (incl. telecommunications law, GDPR, data protection, corporate governance)
- You draft, review and negotiate large scale and complex software license, SaaS, implementation and maintenance contracts, as well as amendments to such contracts
- You draft, review and negotiate procurement and partner agreements with suppliers from different industriesYou consult our People team on employment law matters
- You select and manage external legal advisors and litigators, as well as management of legal and judicial conflicts (formal and informal)
- You have a hands-on problem-solving approach and the ability to simplify complex topics and you enjoy working on an operational level
- You communicate directly, are open-minded, and you can convince diverse stakeholders in a very fast-paced, multicultural and dynamic environmentYou are an excellent qualified lawyer, having graduated in law from a German University and passed your second state exam, being eligible to practice law in German, with a broad and deep
- professional knowledge in an international context (incl. USA and APAC)
- In the past 5+ years of your post-graduate professional life, you have developed a deep knowledge of IT-/IP- and data protection topics, as well as a good knowledge of other legal disciplines relevant for an international software and services company. You enjoy being a legal generalist in the IT-industry
- You have established a broad and highly qualified network of outside counsel that you can draw on for OX
- Your skills in the field of contract management and contract negotiations are highly developed and professional and you are open for innovative legal tech approaches.
- Negotiating and drafting in English and German is your thing
Our offer to you
At OX, our business is fast-paced, and we work hard, but we have fun doing what we do. We offer an entrepreneurial environment, where you will be working as part of a great management team and can make a huge difference leading and developing your own People team. We are a mid-sized business with great ambition; we can offer to you the opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in a truly international organization. You can make a real difference as our Head of Legal, and you will be part of building a strong OX through our people. We can offer you a competitive “package” that will give you great freedom in determining how and where you work.
Some of our benefits
- Flat hierarchies with an "Open Door" philosophy
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- Trainings and continuous personal development
- Equipped with the up-to-date hardware
- A company pension scheme
- Parental leave opportunity
- Company sports - Free entry to various fitness clubs/gyms and swimming pools