Olpe | ga06-19-rpl
Financial Accountant - 20 hours
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We need people who are committed to openness, have a rebellious business spirit and the will to revolutionize the market.
Open people for open source!
By joining OX as part of a special team, this position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals to build their experience and access many opportunities working for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like: Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace all use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
Your area of responsibility
- Checking incoming invoices with regard to legal and tax requirements
- Posting of incoming invoices incl. cost accounting
- Posting incoming and outgoing payments (bank and cash vouchers)
- G/L accounts as well as creditor and debtor reconciliations
- Preparation of advance sales tax returns and recapitulative statements
- Supporting activities for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Completed commercial training or tax clerk with at least 3 years of professional experience in financial accounting
- Knowledge of the accounting regulations according to HGB
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- English language skills, both written and spoken, essential
Our offer to you
- A challenging task in an international team of experts.
- Plenty of scope for your own ideas, creativity and personal development.
- Flexible working hours, first-class equipment and the latest technology.
- Collegial environment, modern offices and, of course, a coffee flat.
- Initially 1-year fixed-term post with prospects of permanent employment
- Flexibility and ability to cooperate
- Accurate, independent, structured and result-oriented way of working
Open-Xchange (OX) is a market leader in Mail / Messaging and DNS-based security services, with more than 200m seats sold through international hosting and telco providers worldwide, including partners such as 1&1, Orange, Italiaonline, Comcast, GoDaddy or Softbank.
We at OX have our roots in Open Source, and this has shaped our view of the world and culture – open, diverse, and with a bias to act, giving everyone at OX room to take responsibility within their team and grow. OX believes in an internet that is open, safe and free. We want to create competitive products that allow our providers to deliver secure internet services with a great user experience, and that respect privacy and generate value.
With some 270+ people worldwide, OX develops and operates Open Source software (aaS) for mail / messaging (OX App Suite, OX Guard) and collaboration / productivity (OX Drive, OX Documents). OX’s Dovecot is the world’s dominant open-source IMAP server software, and our PowerDNS provides secure DNS services to our telco customers and their users.
Our business is fast-paced and changing constantly. We are looking for people who share our beliefs, who are out there to make a difference, are entrepreneurial and enjoy working in a high-tech environment as part of a truly international team. OX is headquartered in Cologne, with further locations throughout Germany (Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Olpe and Nuremberg), the USA (Louisville, KY), Finland, the Netherlands, Italy, France, Spain and Japan (Tokyo).
If you are interested, please contact Jochen F. Schude for further information - or send us your paperless application with a cover letter including the job ID (see at the top left corner), tabular CV, certificates, salary expectations and the earliest possible date of entry by e-mail to recruiting at open-xchange.com.