Account Manager - Europe
Don’t just go to work. Thrive.
We look for people who are committed to openness and have the will to revolutionize the market. You will join OX as part of a special team. As a talented individual, you can advance within your department as well as getting the opportunity to work for OX globally.
A borderless internet that is open, safe and free.
We are eMail
Worldwide companies like Comcast, Cox, 1&1, STRATO, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Orange, Unitymedia, ItaliaOnline, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com, Rackspace, Softbank, and GoDaddy use our "white label" products for eMail and collaboration.
Open Source is our foundation
The mix of divergent perspectives, corporate objectives, and personal goals is our foundation and speeds up innovation.
The Account Manager is the central point of contact and keep OX teams aligned with best interest of all parties. This means you have to gain organic trust of the client. You need to have the fortitude, empathy, smarts and understanding to ensure long term satisfaction and also have the ability to sell. Your technical understanding and personal experience allows you to understand the clients demand and create beneficial solutions for both sides.
The Account Manager (AM) will be responsible for cultivating long-term partnerships with major clients, representing client needs within Open-Xchange, and identifying opportunities to expand the business. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with and relationships in large ISPs, MSOs, Telcos, Mobile Operators, and Hosting Providers, and will thrive working remotely as part of a global team.
The Account Management (AM) is an important position within Open-Xchange (OX) to ensure a long-term beneficial partnership with our strategic industry leading customers. The AM manages existing OX customers and their demand for innovative solutions based on the OX product portfolio.
Profound communication skills are a prerequisite to be able to successfully fill this position to establish efficient and effective communication channels. This includes managing customer feedback on products, services and OX as a partner - creating a 360° view of the customer. You also become the customer’s voice into OX creating an outstanding experience.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and manage a given portfolio of key accounts
- Build and maintain extraordinary client satisfaction with both your performance and the value of OX
- Identify and establish tight relationships and rapport with client stakeholders and key departments (e.g., product, development, operations, support, leadership)
- Act as the central post-sales client contact and keep OX teams aligned in the service of the client; as the client evangelist within OX, you must successfully balance the desires of the client with the realities of the organization
- Represent the voice of the client within OX and funnel feedback on OX products, features, and roadmaps
- Form strong relationships within all relevant OX departments
- Identify potential gaps between client expectations and OX strategy, processes, and perceptions; develop solutions with internal partners
- Develop and manage to KPIs based on client satisfaction, retention, and business growth
- Understand client/market needs; identify and develop opportunities for upselling OX services
- Whenever additional services are needed or growth opportunities are identified, work with pre-sales, development, and professional services teams to gather requirements and facilitate the efforts and deliverables
- Manage and develop a given set of key accounts within a territory (U.S / EMEA / APAC, depending on assigned region)
- Identify and develop new business opportunities based on customer and market demand incorporating the complete Open-Xchange product and service portfolio.
- Establish strong relationships and rapport with the key players at all levels of the customer - Product Management, Senior Management, technical departments and other important stakeholders.
- Create strong relationships within all relevant OX departments - e.g. OX Product Management, OX Custom Development team, Professional Services, Sales Management
- Represent the customer's voice into OX and funnel feedback on the OX products, feature requests and roadmaps within the customer context.
- Identify any potential gaps between customer expectations and current OX strategy, processes, and perceptions; work with internal departments to create solutions.
- Whenever additional services are required, liaise with Sales, Sales Engineering or Professional Services to gather requirements and drive discussions within OX to help facilitate the relevant LOE/SOW.
- Strong customer focus with high flexibility while being solution driven.
- 8+ years of client-facing experience in a similar role, preferably in complex Software-as-a-Service environments
- Experience/knowledge of the e-mail and/or DNS-based solutions is a strong plus.
- Taking overall ownership as the central- point-of-contact for the assigned customer(s).
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and manage multiple priorities/queues/requests at once
- A highly-trained sense for end user experience and good usability of Web & Mobile Apps.
- Exceptional inter personal and written communications sand mediation skills, team player, open minded.
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding performance goals
- Experience within the Managed Service or SaaS market - especially in the Telco, Mobile, Cable or ISP space would be particularly relevant.
- Highly organized and capable of capturing then documenting key information/actions from customer interactions
- Fluent English (verbally and writing) and willingness to do extensive travel to customer locations (up to 50%).
Our offer to you
- Exciting work on a modern open-source cloud software in an internationally operating
- Plenty of scope for your own ideas and design decisions
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- Equipped with the up-to-date hardware
- Trainings and continuous personal development
- Flat hierarchies with an "Open Door" philosophy
- Parental leave opportunity