USA | USA | salt03-18
Account Manager (AM) - US East Coast
The Account Management function is a critical position within Open-Xchange (OX) to insure a long-term beneficial partnership with our key strategic industry leading customers.
The Account Manager takes care of existing strategic OX customers (e.g.; Service Providers, Cable und Mobile Operators etc.) and their demand for innovative solutions based on the OX product portfolio. The Account Manager’s key focus is to build up a fruitful relationship with our customers while maintaining high customer satisfaction, pro-actively navigate the account and develop additional meaningful business. This also includes helping to support the customer’s evolving needs to further enhance and/or expand their usage of OX solutions. Profound communication skills are a prerequisite to be able to successfully fill this position.
The Account Manager has a strong customer focus as well as a solid technical background. On-going active management of the customer is very important – stakeholders, expectations, communication, problems, escalations. The Account Manager is also the customer’s voice into OX to help insure an outstanding experience while working with OX — while simultaneously insuring a profitable and successful partnership through a seamless integration within the existing OX processes and environment.
The Account Manager is expected to establish efficient and effective external and internal communication channels. This includes managing customer feedback on products, services and OX as a partner - creating a 360° view of the customer, their business, their goals, and how OX integrates with their strategy.
Your passion / Your job
- Manage and develop a given set of key accounts within a territory (U.S.) taking overall ownership as the single-point-of-contact (SPOC) for the assigned customer(s).
- Identify and develop new business opportunities based on customer and market demand and how that relates to both the current and future complete Open-Xchange product and service portfolio.
- Establish strong relationships and rapport with the key players at all levels of the customer—including Product Management, Senior Management, technical departments and other important stakeholders.
- Create strong relationships within all relevant OX departments - e.g. OX Product Management, OX Custom Development team, Professional Services, Sales Management, - to provide a strong customer voice and real-world feedback on the core products, insight on features, requirements, and roadmaps within the customer context. Funnel feedback in a structured fashion with appropriate follow-up, and identification of timelines for progress.
- Identify any potential gaps between customer expectations and current OX plans, processes, and perceptions; and work with the appropriate internal departments to create solutions towards addressing the current gap between the two.
- Whenever additional services are required, liaise with other OX departments like Sales Engineering, Professional Services and Engineering to gather requirements and drive discussions within OX to help facilitate the relevant LOE/SOW needed.
What do you bring to the table
- Experience within the Managed Service or SaaS market - especially in the Telco, Mobile, Cable or ISP space would be particularly relevant.
- Strong customer focus with high flexibility, open minded and solution driven.
- Excellent communication and mediation skills, team player, open minded. Fluent English (verbally and writing).
- Highly organized and capable of capturing then documenting key information/actions from customer interactions.
- A ideal candidate would have multiple years of proven experience as a Key Account Manager, Business Development, Sales Engineering or similar positions with strong technical background. Strong technical skills are required to effectively perform in this role.
- Experience/Knowledge of the E-Mail and/or DNS-based solutions is a strong plus
- A highly-trained sense for end user experience and good usability of Web & Mobile Apps.
- Position will require extensive travel (50%) to customer locations