Senior Solution Consultant (m/f)
For this position you will be providing top-level technical support to our hosting and telecommunication partners and customers. You will organize and lead the implementation projects together with the customers. You will provide presentation and support for OX products to prospects during the presales phase. For this role, the candidate will require strong verbal, written and presentation / communication skills are required.
- Presenting OX software architecture and technical value proposition
- Evaluation of customer environment and creation of custom integration concepts
- Technical support, deployment and rollout of customer projects in the hosting environment
- Providing technical support to partners during complex deployment projects
- Lead onsite installation and configuration of the production systems together with the customers technical personnel
- Provide system architecture design, performance benchmarks, and test systems during on-site installation
- Training customers administrators and support team
- Documentation of the projects / systems
- Point of contact for all incoming technical issues and questions during presales phase
- Regular customer reviews and consultation
- Work closely with Open-Xchange development, sales, and product management teams
- During project implementation, you will be working at the customer site; all other times, you will be home-office based or at an existing Open-Xchange existing office location
- Requires BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar field, or equivalent vocational training and industry experience
- 5-6 years experience in system administration or support of Unix or Linux systems, ideally in the hosting market.
- In-depth knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Linux system such as Debian, RHEL, and SLES
- System architecture and design (design and analysis of complex setups in heterogeneous environments)
- In-depth knowledge of Internet E-Mail systems, SMTP / IMAP and mail routing
- Working knowledge of Internet services such as Apache, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Courier, ADS
- Working knowledge of database systems (MySQL)
- Experience with mission critical systems
- Ability to work independently
- Service oriented and entrepreneurial mind set
- Goal-oriented working style and self-motivated
- Team player and ability to communicate well amongst peers
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Basic communication skills in German is a plus
- Business casual attire
Bachelor degree in computer science, electrical engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent technical experience.
Valid drivers license and the ability to travel to customers and between Open-Xchange offices is required.
How to apply:
In case of interest, please send your cover letter together with an adequate resume, job reference certificates, salary requirement, possible start date via e-mail to email@example.com
2033 Gateway Pl.
San Jose, CA95110 - 3712
For more than a decade, Open-Xchange has been delivering innovative, cost-effective, open source collaboration alternatives for email, calendar, contacts and document management. The company is a pioneer in SaaS (software as a service) and now a leading email and collaboration cloud application, which provides integration with social and business networks, as well as mobile access. Open-Xchange is used by the largest web host providers in the world, as well as on-premises by some 3,500 businesses, governments and educational institutions. Open-Xchange AG is a privately-held company headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany with offices in Olpe and Hamburg, Germany and Ardsley on Hudson (NY) and San Jose (CA). For more information, visit www.open-xchange.com.